Sunday 1 June 2014

And now for something completely different...

Well, not quite, but close enough - Malifaux

Malifaux has intrigued me for a while and despite the 2nd Edition haters out there, I thought I'd get a set. I dipped my toe a while back with the Through the Breach (TtB) RPG and can't say I've been that impressed with Wyrd as a result. The RPG itself (or at least the PDF version) is top notch (particularly the character creation), but the kickstarter itself was a shambles, still I held on and await the physical goodies with baited breath.

Anyway, I've been bored with Games Workshop for so long I finally took the plunge on the game itself...


I went for these bits from The Troll Trader (very quick delivery and really well packaged - will definitely go back). The Malifaux rulebook is a snip, as long as you don't need the fluff - for me Through the Breach fills that whole and I'll get the big book later. The old school fate deck, was just a cool little extra and I'm getting a second with the TtB (when it finally gets here!).

The final bit, was the Relic Hunters (Lucas McCabe) starter set. I thought long and hard about which set to get and this just beat the Lady Justice Set and the Rail Crew (both will be added at some point I'm sure). What sealed it was the lovely models and the dual nature of Lucas McCabe, allowing me to choose between the Ten Thunders and the Guild. I hope to add the Guild Riflemen and Death Marshalls at some point, but need to investigate the models that have the best synergy.

I also broke out the Malifaux buildings from WorldWorksGames, which I got for Christmas about two years ago.

A single set goes a long way - I may get some more soon


Great Interiors and Highly Modular - Perfect for RPGs
They are lovely, but the terraclips don't go very far, I may get some more to fill a 3x3 board.

Next up... Lucas McCabe and Co.

Cheers Laney

No comments:

Post a Comment