Wednesday 9 April 2014

Competition Time!

I visited my local Games Workshop last weekend to pick up a couple of boxes of Tempestus Scions. Great kits with a ton of options, my only gripes are...

  1. As a converter is how they are not easily compatible with the current IG line, meaning kitbashing is a more challenging prospect. 
  2. Some of the parts are less flexible and there aren't enough variations in the kit (lots of heads and such, but not a great deal of variety in the hands and poses).
While there the manager mentioned the single figure painting competition. I thought I'd take a punt and do an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper. It's based off the scions kit with a forgeworld cadian environment suit for the torso. Simple conversion, but fun to paint. Here is the work in progress...

More work to do on the plasma gun and the OSL on the weapon




I also plan on a fantasy miniature, so I picked up a Skaven Clanrats box from my FLGS too (no paint yet)...

Threek Twintail - Clanrat Standard Bearer for Clan Pestilens

Laney

No comments:

Post a Comment